APPLICATIONS are now open for Just Play Centres from local football partners, with successful applicants receiving £200 of funding.
FA Mars Just Play is a recreational form of football providing access for adults to affordable, fun, organised kickabouts in suitable facilities with trained organisers in their local area.
The Just Play programme supports the FA’s vision of delivering flexible, inclusive and accessible playing opportunities for everyone; embracing all formats and engaging all participants.
Suffolk FA aim to have various FA Mars Just Play centres across the county to ensure that anyone who wants to get involved has an opportunity to do so and with your help this can be achieved.
Whether you already have a group of interested participants or you are looking to provide an opportunity for those in your local community, then Suffolk FA want to hear from you and in return can offer a range of benefits to getting involved:
- £200 start-up funding – Your centre will receive 2 x £100 instalments to support the set up and delivery of your Just Play session.
- Equipment pack – Each centre will receive five Nike footballs, a set of branded bibs, cones and a marketing banner giving you all you need for a successful session.
- Digital marketing library – You will be provided with access to a range of digital marketing assets including A4 & A3 Posters, A5 Leaflets, Social, Digital & Email Signatures to help you promote your new centre.
- Just Play organiser kit – Each organiser will receive Nike branded kit including t-shirt, shorts, pants and rain jacket to ensure you look the part, whatever the weather!
- Just Play organiser support – Guidance and support provided to all session leads to help maximise delivery.
- FA events platform – A new digital platform upon which you simply and easily organise your kickabouts, leaving more time for the fun stuff, like playing football.
- National promotion – The FA & Mars will help promote the programme nationally helping to attract potential new participants to your kickabouts.
- Local bespoke support from your County FA – Suffolk FA will work closely with organisers to ensure your centre is a success. Please feel free to get in touch with Suffolk FA before making your application.
To be eligible to deliver a FA Mars Just Play Centre, organisers must commit to delivering a minimum of one session per week, ideally for a minimum of one hour.
They are required to deliver a minimum of 31 weekly sessions in the 12 months following commencement of delivery. Each session should be supervised by a Just Play Officer (18+ years) with a current FA Level One and Emergency Aid Certificate.
Sessions must include the provision of an adequately stocked first aid kit and appropriate policies and procedures in place to safeguard participants.
Suffolk FA Senior Football Development Officer Darren Scoulding said: “This exciting initiative will provide a great opportunity for adults across the county to attend an enjoyable locally organised session in a safe environment. Whether you are a returning player, existing player or completely new to the game, there will be options that will be suitable for all.
“These inclusive sessions will support Suffolk FA’s participation targets to increase the number of adults playing football in the county whilst growing the female game and providing a wide range of football formats, from Soccercise to Futsal.”
If you have any questions relating to FA Mars Just Play, please contact Darren Scoulding at Suffolk FA on 01449 616606 or 07432 735984 or via email email@example.com or begin your journey to becoming a FA Mars Just Play centre by clicking here