Suffolk FA is a charitable organisation, responsible for leading the governance and the development of grassroots football within Suffolk, ensuring participation and enjoyment of football is for all, regardless of age, ability, sex sexual orientation, race, religion and socio-economic status.
Governance in Football
The FA were the first national governing body in English sport to introduce a regional code of governance which aims to provide support and guidance to those running the grassroots game around the country.
The code outlines key requirements underpinned by five key principles: structure, people; communication; standards and conduct; and policies and processes.
Football is FOR ALL and a universal language that has the power to inspire and influence societal change. It is essential that we are organised appropriately with exceptional governance structures reflecting that diversity and inclusion underpins everything we do in Suffolk. Football deserves the very best that we have to offer.
Our Governance Structure
ARTICLES OF ASSOCIATION
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Suffolk FA are governed by a Board of Trustees, who ensure Suffolk County Football Association is effectively and efficiently run, with the appropriate oversight and governance, in line with the requirements of the County FA Code of Governance.
In this regard the Board of Trustees is committed to increasing the diversity of the Board by ensuring that The FA’s Code of Governance gender target of 30% of female representation on the Board is met by 2025, currently standing at 27%.
According to the latest 2021 census, the population in Suffolk is 93% white, with other non-white ethnicities representing the remaining 7% of the population. The Board of Trustees are committed to maintaining a Board which represents the Suffolk community.