Find the latest grassroots volunteering opportunities in Suffolk here.
If you would like to advertise any grassroots volunteering opportunities, please contact Nick Garnham via the details listed alongside.
The Touchline Suffolk & Ipswich Football League has vacancies for a Fixtures Secretary and for an IT Officer. The posts could be combined for a suitable applicant. Both posts attract small honoraria.
• To be responsible for matters within the SIL that relate to fixtures.
• To plan, maintain and communicate a schedule of League fixtures for the 8 SIL Divisions, together with scheduling cup fixtures. The League uses the FA’s Full-Time system to record its fixtures.
• To receive and act upon match postponements, cancellations and abandonments.
• To liaise with other League Officers, Suffolk FA and other Leagues as appropriate.
• To report relevant matters to the monthly SIL Management Committee meetings and to the League’s AGM.
• To assist and deputise for other SIL Officers as required.
Candidates should have a logical approach to tasks, be computer literate and able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. They would be required to be available for contact by phone, email and social media on Friday evenings and Saturday mornings during the football season.
• To be responsible for the League’s IT systems and development.
• To be responsible for maintaining the League Website and Social Media platforms.
• To be responsible for developing the League’s presence on the Internet.
• To advise and assist other League Officers on IT matters.
Familiarity with MS WORD and EXCEL, acquaintance with WORDPRESS and an understanding of social media would be an advantage.
Applications for these posts should be sent in confidence to League Secretary Mary Ablett at email@example.com as soon as possible.
Work Experience A teenager who is currently studying for a Level 3 Sports extended diploma at West Suffolk College is looking for work experience.
His course requires that he undertakes 100 hours of work experience which needs to be completed by May.
Ideally he would like to be involved at a club level but he is certainly open to any opportunities that may arise.
He has played football for many years (Elmswell, Honington) and is very enthusiastic.
He lives in Honington, a few miles north of Bury St Edmunds, and is able to travel if the location is fairly local.
If interested, he please contact him via email: firstname.lastname@example.org