THE 2018-19 season Under-7 Festival programme in Suffolk has been finalised.
There are nine dates for festivals to take place across six different venues around the county as follows:
- Festival 1 – September 15th 2018 @ Playford Road (ITFC)
- Festival 2 – October 14th 2018 @ ITFC
- Festival 3 (Futsal) – November 10th 2018 @ Ipswich Academy School
- Festival 4 – December 9th 2018 @ Copleston High School (Coplestonians)
- Festival 5 – January 20th 2019 @ Kesgrave High School (Kesgrave Kestrels)
- Festival 6 (Futsal) – February 10th 2019 @ Ipswich Academy School
- Festival 7 – February 2019 24th @ Leiston FC
- Festival 8 – March 17th 2019 @ Woodbridge Town FC
- Festival 9 – April 6th 2019 @ Playford Road (ITFC)
Suffolk FA Mini Soccer & Youth Football Development Officer James Morley said: “If you are new to Under-7 football this season, the 4v4 festivals are a great introduction for brand new players to play football in a great environment which allows them to play a selection of different teams at a designated venue on a selection of dates throughout the course of the season.
“This format will allow for each player to get plenty of playing time and help them develop their foundation football skills and enjoy themselves while playing the beautiful game.”
Please be aware there will be a £2 affiliation fee per team, if a team hasn’t already been affiliated, and a charge for the insurance to cover the team for the season; this will be invoiced through the Whole Game System.
James Morley added: “Prior to each festival, I will be in contact with the teams who have signed up for the festivals to provide further information on the festival.
“With the new Safeguarding Regulations which are in place, a team’s coach will have to have their CRC in place before the team can play in a festival.
“Unfortunately if the coach hasn’t got a valid CRC in place, they won’t be able to take the team until they do, or someone who has the check in place leads the team. If you have a coach which requires a check, please start the process as soon as possible.”
To sign up your teams to this year’s festivals, please click here