SFA Youth Council is relaunching
THE Suffolk Youth Council is relaunching - and looking for new members to join.
The Youth Council, which is sponsored by R Bugg Trading Ltd, is to relaunch following the Covid pandemic. The Youth Council is made up of a selection of young people aged between 16 and 25 that can help shape Suffolk Football by supporting the delivery of the county’s targets.
Young people’s opinions are important to Suffolk FA and being on the Youth Council provides a voice to all those in Suffolk football to let us know how we can support and develop the game.
The re-launch will provide all members the ability to create new aims and objectives, events and projects that provide further opportunities for young people in Suffolk.
Alongside the work of the Youth Council all members will have the chance to assist Suffolk FA staff members on their projects and gain valuable experience that they can take into your personal career paths.
Why should you apply to be on the Youth Council?
- Opportunity to have your say on Youth football and make a difference from a Youth perspective
- Ability to build up your personal network of contacts
- Great experience to have on your CV
- Improve your skills that are going to be useful when in employment
- Personal Development
- Chance to take part in county and national football events
Applicants are required to:
- Attend all Youth Council meetings when required to attend and actively participate in the meetings
- Be able to attend Suffolk FA and Youth Council events when needed
- Be willing to undertake a Criminal Records Check if applicable
- Want to develop Suffolk football and opportunities available for young people
Current Youth Council Chair Isabel Chaplin said: “I am really looking forward to the relaunch of the Youth Council as it will be great to have some new faces onboard to bring in ideas and experience to help us create aims and objectives for the coming seasons.
“It can offer a range of different opportunities for personal development as well as being given the chance to help make a difference in football within the county.
“The Youth Council provides young people in Suffolk a platform for their voice to be heard to help support the development of grassroots football.
“I am excited to see what next season brings and I can't wait to deliver our first event as a team!”
If you are interested in being part of the Suffolk Youth Council, please send your CV and 300 words stating, ‘Why you would be a great fit on the Suffolk FA Youth Council?’ to James Morley via email firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 5pm on March 11th 2022.
If you have any questions about the opportunity available, please don’t hesitate to email James Morley or call him on 07976 957094.