SUFFOLK FA are supporting Kick It Out’s increased efforts to spreads its message in the amateur game.
The organisation is encouraging as many grassroots clubs as possible to support the fight for equality in football by becoming an official Kick It Out Grassroots Equality Chartered football club.
Mini Soccer & Youth Football Development Officer James Morley, who oversees Suffolk FA’s Charter Standard programme, said: “This is a great opportunity for our clubs and leagues to show their support for equality within their communities and welcome everyone to enjoy playing no matter their background.
“We encourage all clubs and leagues to complete and apply for the standard whether they are charter standard or not to highlight they are welcoming to everyone to enjoy the game.”
To become an official Kick It Out Grassroots Equality Chartered football club, you must sign up to the organisation’s new Equality Charter.
In order to do this the club must appoint a minimum of one equality lead. Any senior person at the club including the appointed equality lead can sign the charter on behalf of the club providing this is a club decision. Individuals teams within a club cannot sign up, it must be the club as a whole.
The document must then be sent to Kick It Out’s Grassroots Manager, Tajean Hutton, on email@example.com, who will then confirm whether your application has been successful.
Once confirmed, the document must be publicised on your club website and social media channels.
In return, the club will be sent Kick It Out’s digital assets – their logo, social media graphics and programme adverts.
Your club will also benefit from a closer relationships with:
- Kick It Out’s Grassroots Team, who can offer tailored advice as to how you might qualify for the organisation's Grassroots Activity Fund.
- Kick It Out’s Education Team, who can deliver equality workshop to club volunteers, players, parents/guardians or supporters.
- Kick It Out’s Reporting Team, who can support anyone at your club who has suffered discrimination in football, as well assist in taking up the case with the relevant authorities.
In addition, you have the opportunity to purchase merchandise from the Kick It Out's online shop at a discounted rate, including:
- £32 for a 7.5 ft x 5.5 ft flag, printed with the Kick It Out logo
- £5 for a pack of 5 Kick It Out bibs
- 20% off the following Kick It Out branded items:
- Button Badges
For further information, please contact Kick It Out’s Grassroots Manager, Tajean Hutton, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org