SEVEN grounds in Suffolk are to benefit from Football Foundation grant awards.
Grants totalling £37,377 have been awarded towards total project costs of £50,215 for grass pitch maintenance equipment, fencing, portable floodlighting and goal posts.
The seven awards via the Football Foundation’s Single Fund are as follows:
- Long Melford Community Sports Trust have received £16,895 towards grass pitch maintenance equipment costing £22,895 at Stoneylands stadium
- Halesworth Community Sport & Leisure have been granted £9,225 towards fencing costing £12,300 at Halesworth Playing Fields
- Wenhaston United FC have been awarded £3,699 towards portable floodlights costing £4,932 at their Wenhaston Recreation Ground home
- Beccles Caxton FC have been granted £2,520 towards goal posts costing £3,360 at their Caxton Sports & Social Club ground
- Spexhall Huntsman & Hounds FC have been awarded £2,518 towards a fencing project costing £3,368 at their Spexhall Playing Field ground
- Haughley United FC have been awarded £1,440 towards goal posts costing £1,920 at their King George V Playing Fields ground
- Lakenheath Youth FC have been granted £1,080 towards goal posts costing £1,440 at their Lakenheath Pavilion site
Suffolk FA Football Development Manager Jodie Allard said: “Congratulations to the seven organisations who have been successful in their search for funding support from the Football Foundation.
“With the increased challenges that clubs are facing during this time, it’s positive to see volunteers continuing to go above and beyond the call of duty to source finances to support the sustainability of their community organisations moving forwards.
“The application, assessment and decision-making process to access funding support from the Football Foundation has become increasingly user-friendly and efficient and we have seen a proactive response from clubs taking advantage of this opportunity for support.
“For any clubs in Suffolk who are looking to purchase new equipment or need support in developing facilities at their site, I would urge you to make contact with Suffolk FA to see what funding is available to you.”
For further information about grant funding please contact Jodie Allard on 07432 735961 or via email email@example.com
Carl Cheney, manager of Halesworth Town, is pictured above speaking to Jodie Allard at the club’s Dairy Hill ground about funding opportunities.