Affiliation window opens for 2020-21
THE window is now open for clubs to affiliate for the 2020-21 season.
Suffolk FA Football Services Manager Darryn Marsh said: “When the 2020-21 season can start remains unknown. But when that date comes, we want to ensure football can begin as soon as possible.
“Therefore, we are opening the affiliation window today as originally planned. We appreciate that knowing finalised teams / age groups may be unlikely, but the process can at least begin for those in a position to do so.
The Suffolk FA Board of Directors recently announced the following measures ahead of the 2020-21 season:
- Reaffiliation for all Charter Standard Clubs, or clubs who would have achieved Charter Standard if not for this period, will be free.
- Reaffiliation for all non-Charter Standard Clubs will be £30; a reduction of 50% from last season.
- Affiliation for any new clubs will be frozen at £60, as per 2019-20 prices.
- The per team registration fee will be frozen at £2 per team, as per 2019-20 prices.
As a response to the unprecedented impact of Coronavirus on football operations, The FA have made the following temporary changes to support the administration of club affiliation for the 2020-21 season:
- 1 – The FA have lifted the requirements to enable CFAs to affiliate Teams where:
- A Coach / Manager and / or assistant does not hold an in-date, accepted DBS
- A Club Welfare Officer does not hold an in-date, accepted DBS
- A Club Welfare Officer has not completed the relevant safeguarding training (Safeguarding Children Workshop, Welfare Officer Workshop and online Safeguarding for Committee Members course).
These requirements are being lifted purely to allow clubs greater flexibility during the affiliation process. Whilst this will mean clubs affiliate without in-date qualifications, these qualifications MUST be updated before the new season commences; the Suffolk FA team will help clubs monitor this. Further information regarding DBS verifications and training courses will be made available as soon as possible.
- 2 – Extended the requirements for renewal of DBS certificates that expire between March 1st and October 1st 2020, by 12 months. This has automatically been reflected within FAN records.
These arrangements will remain under review throughout the 2020-21 affiliation period and are subject to change once football can restart. Any changes will be communicated through our normal channels.
As per last season, all club officials (Treasurer, Secretary, Club Welfare Officer and Chair) must complete the free online Safeguarding for Committee Members Course. This can be accessed via the document below.
Darryn added: “There are affiliation guides and helpful documents built in to the system, but if you have any questions or need assistance then please contact the Football Services Team on 01449 616606 (option 1).”