THE Suffolk FA Back to Football Loan scheme is now open for applications.
The opening of this scheme signals the closure of the Suffolk FA Emergency Grants scheme which has been available since April 28th.
Suffolk FA Chief Executive Richard Neal said: “Suffolk FA continues to acknowledge the uncertain and unprecedented times the local football community are experiencing in light of the Coronavirus pandemic.
“We remain committed to helping clubs successfully restart football activity as soon and as safely as possible. Further to our announcement on Friday, April 24th, I am pleased to provide further information concerning the Suffolk FA Back to Football Loan scheme.
“Suffolk FA has exceptionally agreed to offer further financial support to affiliated clubs whose cashflow has been significantly affected by the early curtailment of the 2019-20 season, and who are in need of financial assistance to be able to restart football activity in line with the latest FA guidelines.”
We welcome applications for any amount up to the maximum loan of £3,000 per club. The basis of assistance will be agreed on a case-by-case basis with repayment terms subject to agreement by both parties but will not extend beyond May 31st 2021.
What the Back to Football Loan scheme will fund
This scheme is designed to help the initial cashflow of affiliated clubs so that football can restart as soon as possible. The use of the loan could include:
- Purchasing of catering and bar stock for when spectators are able to return
- Groundworks and signage materials to prepare for the return of affiliated football
- Payment of any staff for a limited period of time (E.g. bar staff, catering staff)
- Additional insurance / security costs beyond those included during affiliation
- Matchday expenses (E.g. floodlighting, match officials)
What the Back to Football Loan scheme will not fund
- Any works for which the club has already received funding for the 2020/21 season (E.g. Club Preparation Fund, Pitch Preparation Fund or any other successful grant applications from any funding body)
- Any works which are eligible for consideration under other available funding schemes (E.g. The Football Foundation)
Criteria for Assessment
Suffolk FA will take each affiliated club’s loan application and supporting documentation as detailed above into account when assessing each application together with the following:
- Club must have competed their affiliation to Suffolk FA for the 2020-21 season
- Club does not have assets that could be used (e.g. financial reserves or expendable assets) or is applying for a project which is eligible for other funding
- Measures have been exhausted to reduce expenditure
- All government and local authority assistance has been exhausted
- Club has looked to increase income by other means (ref: Suffolk FA ‘Support for Clubs’ guide)
- Club has provided a comprehensive plan demonstrating how and under what timescale the loan will be repaid
- Club is prepared to action any governance or financial management advice offered by Suffolk FA
How to apply
To apply for a Suffolk FA Back to Football Loan you will need to provide the following information:
1 – A completed Suffolk FA Back to Football Loan Application Form
2 – Latest set of full year accounts (to include monthly management
accounts for all accounts)
3 – Current Bank Statements for all accounts (not less than 3 months old)
4 – Minimum 6-month cashflow forecast (example template included for assistance or your own cashflow forecast detailing the same)
5 – Evidence of outstanding bills & contracts
6 – A covering letter detailing your case for support, which should include:
- Commentary on the current financial situation at the club
- Evidence that all government and local authority assistance has been exhausted
- Full details of how the Suffolk FA Back to Football Loan would be used to support the restart of football activity
- Proposed details and timescales of how the full loan amount will be repaid to Suffolk FA
- Confirmation of any successful applications to the Football Foundation, including Pitch Preparation Fund and Club Preparation Fund
- Confirmation that the Club would be prepared to action any governance or financial management advice offered by Suffolk FA
All applications and related supporting documentation must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org marked “Suffolk FA Back to Football Loan Application – [Club Name]” before the submission deadline. Confirmation that your application has been received will be issued.
Deadline for applications
Applications are invited up to Friday, August 28th when the Suffolk FA Back to Football Loan scheme will close. We understand the urgency of making arrangements to restart football activity and therefore we aim to assess and respond to each application, provided all required information has been included, within five working days of receipt of the application.
Any questions regarding a Back to Football Loan from Suffolk FA should be directed to Richard Neal via 07903 842747 or email@example.com