A GUIDE titled ‘Support For Suffolk Clubs’ is now available as an aid during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The guide, which can be downloaded below, has been produced by Suffolk FA Football Development Manager Jodie Allard.
It offers advice in the following areas:
- External Support – Government Business Aid, Sport England Community Emergency Fund, Bluefin Sport
- Fundraising Tools – GiveToLocal, easyfundraising
- Football Foundation Revenue Investment – Grow the Game, Stay in the Game, The Grass Pitch Revolution
- Football Foundation Capital Investment – Football Foundation Grassroots Funding (non-NLS teams only), Football Stadia Improvement Funding (NLS teams only)
- Local Partnerships – HomeStore Self Storage, Koolpak, MH Goals, Parkers Pitches, Ransomes Jacobsen Ltd, Total Football, Days Sports
Jodie said: “With the ramifications of COVID-19 impacting us all both personally and professionally, it certainly is an unprecedented time we find ourselves in. There’s no doubt it’s going to pose unique and significant challenges for the network of grassroots football clubs in Suffolk.
“There’s likely to be a series of direct and indirect effects that clubs will feel in the coming weeks, not to mention the players, club officials and spectators who take so much enjoyment from being part of the game on a regular basis.
“The most obvious concern is the reduction in income and cash-flow as the use of club facilities reduces dramatically, which will not be reflected by reductions in outgoings.
“Clubs will be at risk of needing to use reserves or asking for extra help where available, reducing any contractual staffing numbers, exploring costly loans or banking measures, or entering in to significant and potentially terminal debts.
“For our grassroots clubs, their forecasted income and expenditure for the season may face significant imbalances. This may include clubs who have paid for pitches upfront, were relying on match day income and the money saved in their upcoming away fixtures to balance out their costs for the season.
“This makes it a very important time for the grassroots community, it’s members and all football organisations to come together to offer as much flexibility, collaboration and support as we can to safeguard the game and its members.
“We hope this guide provides our clubs with some avenues available to support them during this challenging time.”