SUFFOLK FA are inviting applications from clubs to host this season’s Crown Imperial Youth Cup Semi-Finals.
The number of Youth competitions has grown this season with the addition of five new competitions, meaning the semi-finals will be held over two days on Sunday, March 15th and Sunday, March 29th 2020.
In total there are 30 fixtures to complete and Suffolk FA will consider applications to host these events irrespective of the amount of matches a club can host.
Suffolk FA County Cups Competitions Manager Adrian Moye said: “Each season Suffolk FA County Cup Youth Semi Finals and Finals Days have proven to be extremely enjoyable days for all, as well as being very profitable for the host club.
“This season Suffolk FA would like to receive requests from any Suffolk club with an interest in hosting these events.”
So, what is expected of host clubs?
- Suffolk FA will allow clubs to keep the admission gate which is limited to £2 adults and £1 for children. Competing players, coaches, referees and FA staff are to be given free admission.
- Clubs are to manage car parking. Car parking may be charged at an agreed minimal amount and all money shall be kept by the host club.
- To organise appropriate food and drink provision for the event at an agreed price.All income raised by the sales of food and drink are solely to benefit the host club. Players, coaches, referees, and FA staff are to be provided with a meal and a drink free of charge.
- Host clubs will pay referee fees. Those fees are fixed.
- The club should provide pitches and goals of the recommended sizes for the age groups participating to accommodate a schedule of matches throughout the day.
- All pitches shall be bordered by a Respect rope.
- No fee shall be charged to Suffolk FA for hosting the event.
- Appropriate provision of toilets.
- Appropriate access to First Aid.
What can clubs expect of Suffolk FA?
- Suffolk FA will appoint all referees.
- Suffolk FA staff will be attendance throughout the day and support with event delivery.
- Site meetings to help organise ahead of the Semi Final.
- Create a schedule of matches in agreement with host club.
- Provision of match balls.
- Risk Assessments.
- Safeguarding event support.
- All communications with clubs, participants and referees of venue details and match schedule.
- Significant media coverage across social media, websites and platforms.
- An event photographer.
Adrian Moye added: “Should any club wish to consider this opportunity I will be happy to discuss this in greater detail either with you or your committee at a convenient time.
“Please take the opportunity to consider this as a great opportunity to raise funds for the club, whilst also working with the County FA to provide a showpiece Festival of Football.”
Interested clubs are asked to contact Adrian.Moye@suffolkfa.com via email by Sunday, December 22nd 2019 detailing the number and sizes of available pitches and any preferred hosting dates.
Details regarding Pitch Dimensions, Goal Sizes and Match Durations are contained in the document below.
Action is pictured above from the Youth Cup Semi-Finals Day hosted by Kesgrave Kestrels at Kesgrave High School in March 2018.