TOTAL Football are to sponsor a series of events delivered by Suffolk FA as part of the new FA ‘We Only Do Positive’ campaign, starting on Monday.
A three-week call to action – 21 Days of Positive – starts on January 21st, and will replace the Silent Weekend organised by Suffolk FA which was well received by clubs over the last four years.
The ‘21 Days Of Positive’ campaign will tie into the national guidance on raising awareness of positive Respect messages through Youth football, particularly through coaches, which Suffolk FA will look to enhance with local county FA-led events that promote these key messages.
Total Football, who sponsored the Silent Weekend, have agreed to sponsor events across Suffolk under the tagline #HaveConfidence
Suffolk FA staff will be using ’21 Days of Positive’ banners and Instagram boards to promote the campaign and the key messages involved.
Events that Suffolk FA are planning to deliver across the 21 days are as follows:
- Ability Counts League Festival – Saturday, January 26th at Inspire Suffolk, 10am-12 noon
- ACC Programme – Monday, January 21st & 28th and February 4th at Needham Market FC, 5.30-8.30pm
- GDC Programme – Monday, January 21st & 28th and February 4th at Ipswich Academy, 5.30pm-8.30pm
- Schools’ Futsal – Monday, January 28th at Ormiston, Sudbury, 12 noon-5.30pm
- Female Leaders Course – Monday, January 28th at King Edward School, Bury St Edmunds, 2pm-4.30pm
- Primary Schools' Futsal - Thursday, January 31st at Inspire Suffolk, Ipswich, 12 noon-4pm
- Referee Taster Event – Thursday, February 7th at Suffolk New College, Ipswich, 11am-1pm
- Girls’ Futsal Festival – Thursday, February 7th at Stoke High School, Ipswich, 12.30pm-5.30pm
- Boys’ Futsal Festival – Friday, February 8th at Gainsborough Sports Centre, Ipswich 9am-5pm
- Suffolk Schools’ Girls’ U14s &U16s – Saturday, February 9th v Hertfordshire at Woodbridge Town FC, 10.30am kick-off
- Suffolk Schools’ Boys’ U14, U15 & U16 – Saturday, February 9th v Norfolk at Greshams, Ipswich, 10.30am kick-off
- FA People’s Cup Disability – Saturday, February 9th at Goals, Ipswich, 11am-3pm
- Careers Meeting Day – Tuesday, January 22nd at Sir John Leman School, Beccles, 9am-11am
- Wildcats Sessions – Various
- UEFA B course – January 30th & 31st at AFC Sudbury – all day
Suffolk FA Mini Soccer & Youth Football Development Officer James Morley said: “The campaign is a great opportunity to stress the importance of positive messaging from coaches, parents, players and spectators – creating the right environment for young and vulnerable people to enjoy the game.
“Across the week, please engage and promote the campaign on social media, at your clubs and through photographs and posts from your events. We look forward to sharing tips and stories and hearing about how your players, parents, spectators, coaches and club officials are working together to create a positive experience for all involved within the local game.”
“The hashtags we will be using are #21DaysOfPositive, #WeOnlyDoPositive and #SuffolkFootball.”
Total Football owner Karen Cornforth said: “We are delighted to once again sponsor this year’s Respect initiative being organised by Suffolk FA around the ‘We Only Do Positive’ campaign.
“We have been fully behind promoting Respect via the Silent Weekend and look forward to showing our support through this new campaign.”