Inclusion Advisory Group
Suffolk FA’s Inclusion Advisory Group (IAG) will embed inclusion into our county, through support and advice on all issues of diversity and inclusion within the strategic and operational workings of the Association.
Members of our IAG represent the diversity of Suffolk and encompass the range of protected characteristics, but as if not more important is the diversity of experience, knowledge and thought. An independent group, reporting to the Suffolk FA Board of Trustees, and Chaired by Kirsty Clarke – Suffolk FA Board Trustee, their aim will be to promote and address inclusion and diversity in football.
The IAG will:
- Check, challenge, and support Suffolk FA on the implementation of the current Strategy (Suffolk Football – A Strategy for Everyone) with regards to inclusion, equality, and diversity
- Foster good relationship with the local community, so that football can be used to create positive sporting opportunities, bring diverse people together and increase participation for all.
- Advise on specific interventions to increase participation by the whole community to address gaps in provision and grow the game.
- Seek to eliminate discrimination, bullying, harassment, victimisation, and any other form of discriminatory abuse.
- Monitor and review the impact of Suffolk FA’s work in relation to equality.
- Support Suffolk FA in achieving and maintaining the Preliminary Level of the Equality Standard for Sport.
Kirsty Clarke – Suffolk FA Non-Executive Director / IAG Chair
Kelechi Arowosafe – Hope Church FC
Ian Moore – Suffolk Referee
Lee Smith – Wot’s Warriors FC (PAN Disability) Chair & Manager
Francine Flisher – Chair of Rainbow Tractors, official LGBTQ+ Supporters' Group of ITFC
Dan Palfrey – Director of ITFC Foundation
Lucy Fitch – Suffolk FA Youth Council Member
Laura Spooner – Senior Development Officer (Health and Wellbeing), Active Suffolk
Richard Neal – Suffolk FA Chief Executive & Senior Safeguarding Lead
Robert Peace – Suffolk FA Non-Executive Director
Eddie May – Suffolk FA Non-Executive Director
Kirsty Smith – Suffolk FA Football Development Officer (Growth)