THE 2019-20 Grassroots Survey is now open – and entrants can win some great prizes.
The Football Association has announced its annual survey for participants in Suffolk to provide feedback on the grassroots football provision in the local area.
Players, coaches, parents, supporters, volunteers, referees, club and league officials across Suffolk now have the opportunity to highlight areas where they require support, suggest areas for improvement and outline the impact of particular campaigns or schemes.
Everyone taking part in the survey will be entered into a draw for one of 12 prizes:
- 3 x pairs of tickets to an England men’s match at Wembley Stadium
- 3 x pairs of tickets to an FA Cup third round match of your choice
- 3 x sets of four tickets to a WSL match this season
- 3 x kit bundles to the value of £250 each
Since the online survey was originally launched, the responses of more than 100,000 grassroots participants have helped to inform the decision making and allocation of resources by The FA and respective County FAs.
Results from the 2018-19 edition identified five key areas – both on and off the pitch – where a renewed focus is required:
1 - Identify the resources and tools that clubs need the most support with
2 - Foster the right experience for participants at this level of the game
3 - Encourage young people to stay active in different roles across the game
4 - Ensure the RESPECT campaign has a positive impact on all participants
5 - Adapt to the changing nature of modern grassroots football
- You said many of the local facilities are poor. We facilitated investment of £1m into local football facilities in the 2018 calendar year.
- You said there is no training for assist referees that help on youth matches. We trained 20 volunteer-assistants through clubs last season.
- You said you wanted available at weekends to aid player registrations and transfers. We started a Saturday morning service available to all clubs and leagues
Suffolk FA Chief Executive Richard Neal said: “The Grassroots Survey is an opportunity to shape the work of both The FA and Suffolk FA.
“I encourage all involved in the game to spend a short amount of time completing the survey and thank you in advance for your participation.”
To take part in the 2019-20 Grassroots Football Survey click here