IPSWICH Town will once again be partnering with Suffolk FA during Love Football, Live Football Week sponsored by MH Goals Ltd.
The county’s sole professional football club last year gave their support to the event, which is a week-long celebration of grassroots football in the county.
This year’s event is taking place from Saturday, October 13th until Saturday, October 20th, with Suffolk FA staff delivering and attending a variety of events across the county.
Ipswich Town Marketing & Public Relations Officer Dan Palfrey said: “Ipswich Town are delighted to be involved in Love Football, Live Football Week again with Suffolk FA.
“We have a great week of activity planned with them which includes the visit of two first-team players to a local school, a girls’ football festival at Portman Road and finally culminating in FanZone activity and kids football on the Portman Road pitch against QPR.”
Ipswich Town’s involvement will include the following:
- The club will host Suffolk FA U7 4v4 festival on the practice pitch at Portman Road on the Sunday, with 32 local teams in attendance
- Two players will visit the town’s Thomas Wolsey School to support a coaching session on the Monday.
- The club will host a Girls’ 4v4 Schools’ Festival on the Tuesday, with a visit from members of the club’s ladies’ team
- Pre-match demonstration by Wildcats players before the Sky Bet Championship match versus Queens Park Rangers
- The Suffolk FA #LiveFootballChallenge will finish in the FanZone on the Saturday at around 2.30pm before the QPR match
- Suffolk FA Chief Executive Richard Neal will be interviewed on the pitch at half-time of the QPR game
Jodie Allard, Suffolk FA Football Development Manager, added; “Ipswich Town’s support of the 2018 Love Football, Live Football week has been fantastic again this season.
“Giving young people the opportunity to play at Portman Road, watch an Ipswich Town game and meet their local football heroes is what makes Love Football, Live Football week so special.
“We are very much looking forward to delivering the week-long celebration of Suffolk football in partnership with the club.”