This course is perfect for coaches who want to develop their knowledge already gained in Module 1. Understanding practice is key. Learn how to use the practice spectrum to design and deliver practices that develop skills and understanding in your players.
Centre of Excellence/Academy coaches as well as committed grassroots coaches have found this further area of study useful.
The content on all modules is relevant for coaches working with young players of any age (5+), while some content can also be applied to adult football.
Module 2 lasts four days (32 hours) and includes a formative assessment (you will prepare and deliver a practical session and feedback will be given - it is not pass or fail).
The course will be a mixture of theory and practical sessions covering:
- Balance and proprioception
- The reason for practice and training
- Growth and development of young players
- Motor control
- The risk of overuse injuries in young players
- Learning the game
- Developing skills for the game
- Types of practice and structuring practice
- Age and maturity
- Incorporate goalkeepers into your session
- Player snapshots
- The FA Youth Award Module 1
To see available course dates and to book your place click here
Alternatively for more information contact Andrew Newton on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01449 776315
Terms and conditions for all course bookings are attached below.