Course Aims and Objectives
To provide learners with an introduction to offering the principles and practice of safe, ethical and effective management of coaching of football to adults and young people.
This certificate offers an opportunity for aspiring football coaches to be supported in developing their knowledge of how to effectively coach a local club or school team.
The course will introduce some key aspects in the following:
- Player and Coach development
- The FA's Respect Programme
- Laws of the Game
- An introduction to the FA's Long Term Player Development Model
- An introduction to Football for All
The course will also include the following for candidates:
- The FA Emergency Aid Workshop
- The FA Safeguarding Children Workshop
Practical elements of the course will provide an introduction to:
- Warm-up and cool down game related activities
- Passing and control
- Turning with the ball
- Individual Attacking
- Individual Defending
- Small-sided games
Pratical involvement: Candidates will be encouraged to participate practically to maximise their opportunities for learning (however inability to participate will not prevent successful completion of the award).
Prior to certification, candidates are required to:
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Hold a minimum of current FA Emergency First Aid Certificate (included in the level 1 course)
- Have attended The FA Safeguarding Children Workshop (candidates under the age of 18 are eligible to complete The FA Child Protection Distance Learning Module 'Safeguarding Children in Football - A Guide' as an alternative) (included in the level 1 course)
The above prerequisites for those who do not already hold the appropriate evidence will normally be provided by recognised centres as part of the learning programme.
The level 1 course runs over two weekends.
£105 Charter Standard Club Candidate from within Suffolk
£135 Non-Charter Standard Club Candidate from within Suffolk
£145 Out-of-County Candidate
To see the dates of our upcoming Level 1 courses and to book your place click here
For more information contact Andrew Newton on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01449 776315
Terms and conditions for course bookings can be found on the link below.